Friday, April 18, 2008

A Very Hard Day





Well, the day finally came I had to give my Lilley away. To be honest I really thought that I would make some phone calls and they would all fall through. However, I knew of a family in the ward that was needing a dog. So, I offered never thinking they would go for it and they did. I couldnt believe it was really happening. I would have to say I pretty much started crying last Friday and didnt stop until Wednesday. Many people tell me it was the right thing to do but it still doesnt make it easy. She was my first dog ever, she picked me. I guess the positive note is the family that we gave her to said it is a blessing. They are hoping she can help their son that is autistic. I hope it works out for them even though I am dying inside. I was so physical upset that I couldnt even breath. I had to make myself stop for the fear of putting stress on Annie. The worst thing was Little Ross not understanding why his Gillgey was going bye bye with someone else. Him and I were the only ones crying, even Beau are other dog has been down since she has been gone. I am proud of myself I have went two days without crying. Anyway, I know it was for the best however, a big part of me wants to go and snatch her back. At least we dont have to worry anymore about her snapping at little Ross.

7 comments:

Amanda B. said...

I'm sorry Abbey- how sad! I know she meant a lot to you- but you probably did do the right thing. The right thing is often the hardest thing to do. Hang in there- it sounds like she went to a great home!! Again, I am so sorry!

Autumn said...

That must be hard, I'm sorry. Those pictures are so cute. When you say down, do you mean....? I know it will get easier as the days pass. :(

everyday katie said...

I still can't believe you did it. Were you just sobbing as you typed this? When I write about emotional things, I always cry.

On a different note. I love the picture of baby Ross with his dog. What a cute baby. I forgot what he looked like with his darling bald round head. Can't wait to see what the next one will look like.

Kelly said...

I am so sorry, Abbey= my heart aches for you= only you know what is best- take care!

Suzanne said...

I've never had a dog and so I can't imagine what that is like but it sounds terrible. So sorry you had to do that but it sounds like your dog is going to a great family and will be a great blessing to them.

Jeffrey Benson said...

I know we've only met once but... I would've gladly taken him! I have wanted a bully for as long as I can remember! I can't believe you didn't introduce me when I was there!

Camille said...

Hey Abbey...when are you due? Maybe you've already had your little one...if so that's EXCITING! I want to take pictures for you when she's here. Email me!