Thursday, May 1, 2008

BED REST IS THE BEST

So yeah I am out of bed long enough to update my blog. The past two weeks have been crazy. Last Tuesday we gave Beau, our other dog, back to my brother. So, we went from two dogs to zero. Wow, that is crazy. That is okay since I have been put on bed rest. It was so crazy for some reason I felt the preclampsia coming on but I just didn't want to see it. I just kept telling myself I was going to have a fat little baby. Well, that is not going to happen, I am going to have Annie on Wednesday May 7th. That is a day before her daddy's birthday. I told Ross Happy Birthday. the good news is the bed rest is helping. All my labs are coming back normal and my blood pressure is staying the same. It is still high but not as bad as it was when I had Little Ross. I tell you what I was really scared on Friday when they sent me to the hospital, I thought for sure they were going to induce me then. Thank Heaven for answered prayers. I Just asked Heavenly Father to let my labs be okay and to send me home on bed rest. I got what I wanted, however it hasn't been easy. Little Ross is having melt down after melt down and Big Ross is trying his best to keep it together. Well, the good thing is five days to go until, I can start helping out again. Can I just say too, how much I love the sisters in my ward. What a blessing it is to be in such a wonderful Church where people truly understand the meaning of service and the love of Christ.

9 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Hang in there Abbey! This has got to be rough! Remember- I am just down the road- I would LOVE to help with little Ross or whatever I can! I can't wait to meet Annie! :)I am glad we got to have a girls night out before you went on bedrest!

Kelly said...

I am so looking forward to next Wednesday!! can't wait to meet Annie! Please tell Ross to call if he needs a break from little Ross- I would be happy to help in any way!! Take care!

everyday katie said...

I am so sad I can't be there to help. Rest up for your big day. Good Luck. Love ya!

Suzanne said...

I have been getting updates on you from the others in the ward. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We still want to do a shower for you after little Annie is here. We are looking forward to it! Get some rest and take advantage of this time. You deserve the break:)

Moms Are Contagious said...

Abbey-time will go by so fast and soon you will have your Annie!!!

Kimberly said...

Abbey,
I heard about your bedrest from Kelly but I had no idea you were going to have little Annie early. I am also glad we got to have one last girls night out before you went on bedrest and there is one good thing about all this - no primary work!

I'll give you a call later to see how things are but hang in there.

Home Management Group said...

The nursery is so darling! I just have to say again how cute her little name thingy is!

Lindsay Edward said...

Hey you! It was so fun seeing you guys! Thanks for letting us stay at your place. Again I am soooo sorry about the bathroom! Maybe I'll send some beautiful new towels along with Annie's gifts haha I hope you're getting lots of rest and that Ross did a fabulous job painting your toes!

Ams said...

I am so glad I get to be there to welcome little annie may into the world. It is so special for me to be able to be there for my best friend at such an exciting time. Two days to go!!!