Monday, May 26, 2008

Crazy Night in the Edward Home

So, I will just say it is no fun when my husband has to work third shift and it is all up to me to wrestle the little ones down to sleep. So, while I am fighting with Little Ross and telling him that he cannot sleep in my room, Ross calls and tells me that he had to take the van because the battery is dead on his car. Great! another stumbling block since we just posted it on craigslist and had a guy call and wants to look at it tomorrow. So, that gives me another thing to worry about. I geton the phone and call the Rehls while Annie is screaming and little Ross is still yelling for another story. Did I mention that I forgot that his "baby" was in the washer. He cannot go to sleep without it, so one more thing to do in my crazy night. So, after I found my set of keys I called the Rehls back and Autumn came to my rescue. She taught me how to jump a car. Go Autumn!!! So, I guess after you jump a car you have to let it run for awhile. I did and it was back to wrestling with Rossi who was still wide awake. The good thing is his "baby" was dry by this point so off to sleep he went. After, that I went to turn the car off and to my surprise there are TWO pit bulls at my front door. Change of plans I am not turning the car off until they are gone. So, when I think the coast is clear I rush out to turn the car off and one came dashing out from around my garage. I don't think I have moved that fast in my life. Keep in mind our puppy is in the garage and I still needed to get him out to let him use the bathroom. Small note there is no entrance from our house to the garage. You have to go outside to get into the garage, even though it attached to the house. So, I called my mom and asked what do I do about the dogs. She said "call 911" Really I thought so I did and they transferred me to the Animal Control and they said it would take two hours. Really? I asked. They will be gone by then and they are. So, there are two pit bulls running my neighborhood. How comforting is that? Don't get me wrong they seemed harmless and I am a lover of dogs but I was not wanting to press my luck! Anyway, Little Ross is asleep, Annie is snoozing too , the car is running, the dogs are gone and Baxter has an empty bladder. so I guess everything worked out.

7 comments:

Moms Are Contagious said...

Abbey, that is SO SO SO crazy!!!!!! I am glad everything worked out though. I saw that you called but Trent and I went to the movies and didn't get home until 11:30...way too late to call you! I am sorry I missed your call, but I will call you tomorrow during the day!
Hang in there!

Kelly said...

That was so crazy!! I am glad it all is better now! Is Ross back to work already?! Sorry about that! Feel free to call me, too- I live close to you and can help out anytime!! Rest today, you deserve it!!

everyday katie said...

I don't know how you do it. You are a tough woman. I'm glad Autumn could help.

Amanda B. said...

Wow- craziness! I feel your pain! I, too, am just down the road and would be happy to help! I hate it when Aaron isn't around and I have to get everyone down myself- no fun at all- I understand! Hopefully you can get some rest. You are awesome! :)

Autumn said...

Go Abbey. You are so good natured about it all. Again, you didn't seem a bit frazzled when I saw you! I must just let it all hang out when I go nuts. Unfortunately, I only know how to jump dang cars because I've had to do it so many many times. The good news is that I'm not as nervous in situations like that as I used to be. (Its even worse when you're not home!) Were you able to sell the car? I hope so!! Any time you need help give us or one of your many fans a ring! :)

Suzanne said...

What a night! It's not fun having your husband gone at night. Ryan was gone this week and I always seem to go nuts! Scary about the dogs. I'm not a dog lover and would have flipped if those dogs were at my house. Hopefully you won't see them again!

Home Management Group said...

Amazing how days like that are funny afterwards but certainly NOT while in the middle of them!