Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ligths On

Can I just say how thankful I am for electricity!! You never know how much you love something until it is gone. So I know that everyone else lost their electricity too and it made me start counting my blessing and realizing how unprepared I was for a huge power outage. Thank goodness for the help Autumn. She was one of those fortunate people that only lost their power for less than twelve hours. She was kind enough to lend me coolers to bring my food over and store it in their extra frig. What a wonderful blessing. Then each day she welcomed me into her home so I could eat lunch and do laundry. She is a lifesaver to say the least. So with the power outage it made me start counting my blessings and here I go:
*I am thankful that I only lost electricity and not my entire house like the people in Texas.
*I am thankful for gas hot water heaters, at least I got to take a hot shower.
* I am thankful for what little light candles give off, I never realized I was afraid of the dark until now.
* I was grateful to see the kind acts of others. That being, people in my neighborhood reaching out to help the elderly and helping cleaning up huge limbs and trees.
* I am thankful for dishwashers
* I am thankful for garbage disposals
* I am very thankful for cell phones. It was my life line this week.
* I am thankful that it was a very cool week.
* I am thankful for all of the other electrical people that left their families, to come help us out.

Anyway, I would have to say this was the longest I have ever went with out electricity. I thought the ice storm was bad, I do believe we went longer without electricity this time around.

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

I feel your pain..... that was not a fun week. Our cable is still out even, so I have to check email/read blogs elsewhere. I am working on a similar post whenever I get my own computer back up....

Kelly said...

I am with ya- it was so not fun!! I am grateful for all you mentioned, including Autumn!!

Autumn said...

You are too nice-it was fun to have a playmate for Ellie! And those salads were delic! :)