Thursday, February 28, 2008

So long to my Lilley


I am sad to say that the time has come up on my Lilley. Incase anyone is wondering who she is, she is my English Bulldog. Last night was our last straw with her. She has been having dominant issue since Little Ross has started to move around. But I kept on insisting that we could figure it out. Well we come up with a pretty good solution, we brought another dog into the house. Lilley and Bo became friends in an instant. The only problem she became to protective of him. Last night when I was discplining him for eating off a dish that was on the couch Lilley started grawling and snarling at me and to top it off when I was giving Bo one more swat while he was going into the cage Lilley jumped on my back. It was as if she was atacking me. I could not believe it. Big Ross did heaven knows what to her when I left the room but he said if she would have bit me he would have killed her on the spot. The crazy thing is I have already forgiven her. I probably shouldnt have bent down in the cage since that is considered their safe place but it still doesnt excuse her behavior. I am just waiting to hear back from the vet. I am hoping to find her a home with no children. She just needs a low key home. Even after all she has done I still cant bring myself to putting her under. She is still a good dog she just made a very bad bad choice. My heart is breaking but there is nothing I can say to Ross to convince him to let us keep her.

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

I can't believe I'm reading this. I can't even imagine you guys without Lilley. She's such a huge part of your family.

Abbey said...

Oh my goodness. Abbey. I know I must have seen Lilley before. But somehow she didn't stand out in my mind like this. Maybe its just knowing what happened, but that picture scares me!! I guess I am a wuss. You are forgiving to want to give her more chances. But I think I'm with Ross. That is scary. I can't imagine having my own dog go on the offense towards me. I know you love her tons though. I hope you're able to cope okay!

Abbey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I am so sorry, Abbey- I am not a dog lover, but a I do know the connection between a pet owner and the pet- it is really hard to lose a loved one- I feel for you....but seriously, I am with Ross on this one- dogs are just unpredictable, and you are going to have another baby soon...it is probably for the best- good luck, and it will be okay...take care
Kelly