Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Preschool! Preschool! Preschool!

Okay, so today I have been checking around for preschools or something of the sorts for Ross. I have soon discovered that they can be expensive. The best deal I have seen is the YMCA. Another problem I am struggling with his age. He is one of the odd fall babies that I think would not be eligible for another year. The thing is I know he needs something. I have been thinking of doing my own little thing out of my home but I want him to be away from me too. Any suggestions? One thing I was thinking that all my lovely talented blogging buddies might be interested in getting something going as a group, trades off or something. I know that some of the women are doing the Joy School thing but I still think he is too young for it also. Please, give me any suggestions or ideas that you might have for me. Thanks

2 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Preschool has its benefits, for sure- and as I have mentioned before, I have considered starting one as well. But, I don't believe they are absolutely necessary. I wouldn't stress about it too much. You are such an awesome teacher that you will no doubt give him all the "knowledge" he needs. If you can afford preschool, fine, but if not, sending him on playdates or to friends house (without you, or even with) would probably be fine. He probably isn't really to little for joy school either. It isn't a complicated program. Good luck to you! I don't doubt you will figure out whatever is best for you all! :)

everyday katie said...

Spencer and I were just having a conversation about you and preschool today. We're in full preschool mode trying to get Parker signed up and ready. We kept thinking how much we wished you were his teacher. I know it's good for your kid to get away and experience that. (although he still has two years before kindergarten...if not now then next year would be fine...or you could sign him up for a sport or gymnastics or something.)

But really, you should start a preschool. You are SO GOOD at teaching children through fun means. Just think...two days a week for like three hours a day. You could make as much as you do babysitting all week. You should seriously write up a curriculum and start advertising. Private preschools like that out here are like $150 a month. CRAZY!

I'm not joking, you'd be FANTASTIC!