Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 27th Amber

I just want to introduce to everyone my best friend Amber. She is turning 27 today and I thought she would like everyone in the world to know that. I just wanted to share my thoughts about her with everyone. She is the type of person people are just natural drawn to. She is one of the most caring and devoted friends I could ever ask for.

She moved into our small town in seventh grade and I instantly became her friend. I knew I wanted to be her friend little did she know that she would be stuck with me for the rest of her life. We have been through many of lives many trials together. I remember being there to listen to this sweet hearted eighth grade girl tell me about her mom fighting cancer. Heck I even remember being there or not when she needed a place to stay when her Dad was a way. I say this because when we were in high school there would be days that Amber would stay at my house even if I wasn't there. I think that is just a little hint of how well she was welcomed and loved in my home.

Even though we lost contact for a few years after high school, when we reunited it was like we didn't even miss a beat. I am so thankful to still have her in my life. She is my link to the past and I think she understands and knows me the best. Anyway, happy birthday Amber, you truly know the true meaning of friendship. Thanks for always being positive and there for me when I needed an ear to talk into. I love ya!!!
Good old high school picture.
More recent pictures of us with our little ones.
Little did I know but I was pregnant in this picture with Annie.
She was even in the room when Annie came.

Spring Break Picture.

Graduation Day And another thought, her inner beauty matches her outer. I know that may seem corny but it is true.


3 comments:

everyday katie said...

She is SO beautiful. I love having friends I've known that long. I'm glad you guys are friends.

Happy Birthday Amber.

Kelly said...

She sounds amazing!! I love that she is at all the important events in your life- that is fantastic!
Hope she has a great day!

Amanda B. said...

It is awesome that you have been friends so long- those friendships are wonderful to have and cherish. What an awesome tribute! :) Happy Birthday, Amber!