Thursday, January 24, 2008

Playgroup: So much Fun

Today Ross and I got to go to playgroup. I have forgotten how much I love them since I haven't been able to go due to one of the children I use to watch. It is just so nice to sit around and talk to people that are my age. The biggest plus besides the food is getting out of my house. I truly enjoy being around all the women from my ward. It is just a reminder that there are people in the world that share my same values. It is so uplifting. Anyway, by the end of the playgroup we were all sitting in Delinda's kitchen just talking while the kids were doing who knows what. Hey nobody was crying so all must have been going well. The thing I thought was the neatest was there were moms sitting on the kitchen floor. It just reminded me of my younger days from high school get togethers, crazy to think that has been almost a decade. Anyway, I am so excited for the next one so I can feel young again.

5 comments:

everyday katie said...

Oh man...i miss you guys. I am about to loose my mind. I've hardly had interaction with anyone outside of my family since I got here. I'm thinking about starting a playgroup in this ward. I NEED that social interaction.

Autumn said...

Go Katie, go! Everyone will appreciate it if you do! They probaby need it as much as you. And I needed it too. I have a whole post about it. I had a lot of fun, thanks for taking me. And Abbey I don't think you're that much older than me!

Kelly said...

We had a blast- can't wait for another one!!

Amanda B. said...

I really enjoyed chatting with you at playgroup- I liked your comment about everyone being casual and relaxed and sitting on the floor- a good example of our closeness.

Ams said...

Aww..You are still young, you keep me young and fresh!