Saturday, March 15, 2008

A mini vacation at home

This week was a fun week because Ross had pretty much the whole week off. I still had to babysit but it was nice to have an extra pair of hands around to help out.

Monday was fun as we got to play in the snow and the shoveling of the "land mines" in the back yard began. Little Ross has really enjoyed the snow. It made me said to see it slowly melt away. However, it was refreshing to see all my spring bulbs popping up.

Tuesday, was even better my dad came up to fix all of our little house problems. It only took two trips to the Home Depot and $14. That was the best. Little Ross also had a good time when we were there for the second time he scored some major balloons. As we were walking by the kitchen area this guy was cutting down balloons from the ceiling. Little Ross took off and got them. I had no idea what he was doing but he did. he carried these twelve balloons through the store, you couldn't even see him. Plus, when I was driving home I couldn't even see out the back window. The little things in life.

Wednesday, was also fun I got to take the boys the the chorus thing. Little Ross loves it because he gets to play with Ben. It is so cute, Ben likes to act like a dinosaur and wrestle Little Ross to the ground. It is so cute he will just giggle and laugh the whole time. It is always a nice break for me. We also had a "family camp out" in the living room. Little Ross just thought that was a hoot. He insisted on "chocolate" which translates to hot chocolate. So, we had homemade hot chocolate and a movie. I got the joy of sleeping with him on our little twin pullout bed from our chair. It was fun however, I didn't sleep to well because I was afraid he was going to fall out.

Thursday, was a day that my husband got spring fever. Who wouldn't with 57 degree weather. He went to Wal-Mart by himself. That is big for him since he use to compare Wal-Mart to Hell. He bought tons of stuff for the yard. Little Ross and I had fun transplanting some houseplants that needed it. It was kind of cute because here the weather was 57 degrees out and we still had snow on the ground. He really enjoyed digging in the snow with a spring jacket on. I also got to hunt for more "land mines" Oh the joys of owning two dogs.

Friday, was oh so nice because I got to go to Ashley's Baby shower. She is so cute and pregnant. You would never guess she was having two. I was so excited because my cupcakes turned out. I was so worried that I wouldn't have enough. Let me just say I loved the food. I will honestly say that I had four plates of food. Oh my, there was not a single thing that didn't hit the spot. I just hope no one saw me eating that much. I think I could have just grazed all night. Then of course for my big blooper. When, I was explaining the games instead of saying baby food I said booby food. I was embarrassed but at least I got a good laugh. Hey I guess when I spend the whole day with two screaming kids that aren't mine anything can come out of my mouth. I just hope I didn't offend anyone. It was nice plus I was just happy that Little Ross was so well behaved. I thought it was so cute though when he saw all the yummy food he pulled a chair up to the table of food as if he was ready to go to town. The cute thing is as tempting as the food was he didn't touch it.

It was a nice week and I am glad to have the weekend with no worries.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Abbey- You did such a nice job with the shower last night. I know that is a lot of work and worry hoping you have enough food and fun and then hoping people will come to enjoy it. It's always fun to be with the girls. Missed you at playgroup but sounds like you had a successful day with the house projects! Oh, and the land mines. You are a better person than I am. I am always reminded why I don't have a dog. I have enough poop to clean up already:) See you tomorrow!

Kelly said...

Your week sounded better than mine! You are so positive! You threw an amazing shower last night- it was so fun and the atmosphere was perfect! You should be a party planner! You are so good! See you tomorrow! oh, and I echo Suzanne about the poop!!

everyday katie said...

I'm glad the shower went well. How nice to have Ross home and helping. good for him (and you).

Ams said...

It's alway's nice to have those great family times. Creating memories that you'll cherish forever.

Home Management Group said...

Make everyday great!!!
Great shower, too!!!

everyday katie said...

We REALLY missed you guys yesterday. Easter dinner was really lonely by ourselves. We talked about you three all day.